Citizens of Forum Island Countries (FICs) are invited to apply for scholarships under the Taiwan/ROC-Pacific Islands Forum Scholarship Scheme.
Scholarships will be awarded for FULL or PART TIME studies at certificate, diploma undergraduate or postgraduate levels within the specified priority fields.
Awards are tenable at accredited tertiary institutions in FICs and Taiwan/Republic of China.
Covers tuition fees, text book, living and accommodation allowances (*special conditions apply for the accommodation allowance), medical insurance, and one return economy airfare to the country of study. Note: There are no allowances for dependants.
Country specific details can be found by clicking any of the following:
- be a citizen of a Forum Island Country and a resident in a Forum Island Country for five years prior to application, excluding years of study overseas
- be applying to commence a new programme of study and not be seeking support for study already commenced
- have been accepted into a programme of study and institution, or should show proof of application when requested
- be under 35 years old for undergraduate courses or under 40 years old for postgraduate courses
- be in good health, and not hold a criminal record
- be able to take up the award within the scholarship year
- not be under any bonding requirements at the commencement of this award
Selection will be on the basis of fulfillment of the eligibility requirements and merit within the priority fields of each country. Gender equity will also be considered.
- obtain forms from your National Scholarship Office; Smaller Island States Desk Officer in your country; download forms or collect forms from the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Suva, Fiji
- ensure that all sections of the application form is completed with certified supporting documents attached
- ensure that the completed application is endorsed by the National Scholarship Authority and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (or External Affairs) prior to submission to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
CLOSING DATE Extended: Applications must reach the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva, FIJI by 4pm, Friday 12 April 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Secretariat will ONLY contact successful applicants. Please provide contact details where you can be reached.
Applicants are encouraged to select their preferred institution of study. However, the scheme makes the final decision on the selected institution of study for successful applicants. Direct Enquiries to: The Programme Implementation Officer - Development Cooperation, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, Private Mail Bag, Suva, Fiji Islands; tel: (679) 3312 600 / 3220 231; fax (679) 3220 279; email: firstname.lastname@example.org